Skip to main content


Thankfully Friday!

A great tip I have for busy families is sync your cell phone calendar.  I am shocked by how many people don’t do this.  Jason and I have done this since we first got our cell phones.  We have Droid phones.  I remember when we first switched to smart phones (years ago) I fought it kicking and screaming.   We were at the cell phone store for over an hour with the sales guy trying to sell me on this.  If he had just mentioned syncing calendars and how easy it is I would have been sold within minutes.  I imagine you can do this with iPhones but I don’t have one.

I can’t say enough wonderful things about this feature.  My husband and I both contribute events to the calendar and then “invite” the other person so we can see it.  I am able to see when he has to work late for work or has a work happy hour, we can both see kid’s doctors’ appointments and we can see what our weekend plans are before checking with the other person “are we free”.  We always ask the other person before making a commitment but it’s nice to see it all in one place.  I used to use my work calendar in Outlook as my work and social calendar.  EVERYTHING went in there.  This worked great however if I wasn’t at work and someone asked me our availability I literally couldn’t tell them until I went to work the next day.   This works much better for us since unfortunately our phones are with us at all times.

Since it has been years since we set this up I don’t remember how to do it.  Below is a link I found online if you are interested.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Nail Polish Day! - June 1

Who knew this day existed?!?!  I sure didn't and apparently this is the first year.  Essie started it, doesn't matter, I am happy to celebrate with them.

I love nail polish.  I love the variety of colors and the way it completes an outfit.  I love the confidence it gives me of a polished, put together look. I never used to wear it as much as I do now. What changed was an amazing product that my Mom found as well as a cool new trick I discovered.    Now I do my nails in my sleep.  Literally!

It's not rocket science but if you stop and think about it, it's actually a genius idea.  My nails dry in my sleep.  I get ready for bed, grab my magazine or book and the polish and top coat I want to use.  I read a while ago you only need about 10 minutes between coats. It is actually true.  Years ago I always thought it was longer so doing my nails literally took over an hour if not more.  Who has that amount of time?  Not me!  Now I do a coat, read my magazine for 10-15 minutes…

Today I wanted to quit

Parenting is hard.  I mean really hard, and today I wanted to quit.
Our 4-year-old is having nightmares at night.  Truth is, we don’t know what is actually happening.  He is not asleep yet and he is crying he had a nightmare.  I struggle with being supportive but I also know that he is trying to get me to lay down with him.  It’s hard when you are exhausted and you haven’t even had a chance to sit down yet.  You say to yourself, I just want a minute alone.
But it’s not just our 4-year-old.  Our 10-month -old has completely regressed in sleeping as well.  She has been sleeping through the night for months and now just this last month or so she has stopped. She wakes up and we can’t get her back down.  So my husband and I did what every parenting book told us not to do, we brought her into our bed.  We knew this was not the solution, but we were tired.  We are parents and we are tired.  Now she sleeps a couple hours in her crib, wakes up crying and won’t sleep alone. It’s horrible, it’s t…

What I hope to be a cheap and easy window seat

I love my house.
I love the layout, I love the view from the back yard and I love the improvements we have made. But…… I want to continue to improve the house and upgrade it from a standard builder grade track house to a custom home.   But I still haven’t found the money tree that will supply me with endless funds to afford my visions.  

We are currently in the middle of a bathroom renovation it's hard to get my husband excited about the next project when our current one isn’t complete.   We have done many easy upgrades to the house ourselves throughout the past 5 years and have contracted out the larger projects.   Sometimes I need to stop and remember all the things we have done and how far we have come with this house.  We have turned our overgrown, missing light bulbs and broken toilet house into a home.

Some of the simple things we have done are switching out the door knobs and all light fixtures from brass to brushed nickel.  We have changed all the toilets, the outlets and li…