Skip to main content
On of my best friends moved to Atlanta.  I wanted to give her something that was homemade by my 4 year old son but didn't look homemade.  So we made this:


I am very happy with how it turned out and it was VERY easy!  I did something similar in our basement with his paintings when he was younger.  I also made a 5x7 heart picture for both sets of grandparents.  Turned out great!

All you have to do it get your child (or you could do it!) to paint a picture.  




I found a free picture of the outline of NYS online, cut it out and placed it on top of the picture.  I found a heart sticker in my son's collection and BAM... project done. 



I got a frame with a mat at JoAnn Fabrics and called it a present!  

You can use this same concept for teacher gifts, moving away presents like I did, hearts, cut out hand prints, the sky is the limit. The ones in the basement have the reverse concept, I put the heart out of the painting and put it on plain white paper.  If you do it this way i recommend lighting taking the edge of the shape against the side of the tip of a marker or sharpie.  This allows the shape to pop against the white paper if there is negative space on the painting. Its a very faint outline but it works. I love that when it's on the wall it doesn't necessarily look like a 4 year old painted it.  I had him paint 3 this time so that if I need to do this project again I have paintings in reserve!

Happy Crafting!

Pin it for later:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today I wanted to quit

Parenting is hard.  I mean really hard, and today I wanted to quit.
Our 4-year-old is having nightmares at night.  Truth is, we don’t know what is actually happening.  He is not asleep yet and he is crying he had a nightmare.  I struggle with being supportive but I also know that he is trying to get me to lay down with him.  It’s hard when you are exhausted and you haven’t even had a chance to sit down yet.  You say to yourself, I just want a minute alone.
But it’s not just our 4-year-old.  Our 10-month -old has completely regressed in sleeping as well.  She has been sleeping through the night for months and now just this last month or so she has stopped. She wakes up and we can’t get her back down.  So my husband and I did what every parenting book told us not to do, we brought her into our bed.  We knew this was not the solution, but we were tired.  We are parents and we are tired.  Now she sleeps a couple hours in her crib, wakes up crying and won’t sleep alone. It’s horrible, it’s t…

Happy Nail Polish Day! - June 1

Who knew this day existed?!?!  I sure didn't and apparently this is the first year.  Essie started it, doesn't matter, I am happy to celebrate with them.

I love nail polish.  I love the variety of colors and the way it completes an outfit.  I love the confidence it gives me of a polished, put together look. I never used to wear it as much as I do now. What changed was an amazing product that my Mom found as well as a cool new trick I discovered.    Now I do my nails in my sleep.  Literally!

It's not rocket science but if you stop and think about it, it's actually a genius idea.  My nails dry in my sleep.  I get ready for bed, grab my magazine or book and the polish and top coat I want to use.  I read a while ago you only need about 10 minutes between coats. It is actually true.  Years ago I always thought it was longer so doing my nails literally took over an hour if not more.  Who has that amount of time?  Not me!  Now I do a coat, read my magazine for 10-15 minutes…

What I hope to be a cheap and easy window seat

I love my house.
I love the layout, I love the view from the back yard and I love the improvements we have made. But…… I want to continue to improve the house and upgrade it from a standard builder grade track house to a custom home.   But I still haven’t found the money tree that will supply me with endless funds to afford my visions.  

We are currently in the middle of a bathroom renovation it's hard to get my husband excited about the next project when our current one isn’t complete.   We have done many easy upgrades to the house ourselves throughout the past 5 years and have contracted out the larger projects.   Sometimes I need to stop and remember all the things we have done and how far we have come with this house.  We have turned our overgrown, missing light bulbs and broken toilet house into a home.

Some of the simple things we have done are switching out the door knobs and all light fixtures from brass to brushed nickel.  We have changed all the toilets, the outlets and li…