Skip to main content

Ten Productive Activities To Do At Lunch (Besides Eating)








You are busy,

Yes, I get that.  We all are.  


But are you using all the time that you have to your advantage?  Probably not.  When you are in the car is your mind drifting or are you being productive and listening to the news, podcast or a motivational CD?  When you are waiting for color to process on your hair and remove the greys, are you sitting there staring at yourself or using that time?  You could be catching up with a friend, working on a craft project (that’s easy to take with you of course), reading a magazine, replying to an email, etc.  You see my point.  There are nuggets of time that are sprinkled throughout the day that you can use to your advantage.  Are you using all this time to make you a more accomplished person?


One of the best examples is lunch.  If you work, you probably get a lunch break.  However long it is, you are still getting time.  Yes, you have to eat, but can you be doing something while you are eating besides playing on your phone?  You could be catching up with a co-worker, reading the paper, paying a bill, etc.  You get the point.  Here are some things you can squeeze in your lunch time to make the most of it.  
1.        Exercise – This can only happen if you can eat before or after lunch.  I have the luxury to eat at my desk. When it is nice out, I get out of the office and go for a walk with a friend.  Whether it’s a few times around our office building or to the mall and power walk.  Either way, it gets me moving, away from the computer and getting fresh air.


2.       Quick grocery shopping, do a return or run an errand you would normally do on the weekend


3.       Read – it's always good to give your mind a break


4.       Set up a phone date with a friend that has a similar lunch time.  I go sit in a conference room and talk and eat.  This frees up my time at night to focus on other things but keeps me in touch with friends that are important.  It’s hard to stay actively connected to friends.  It takes effort on both ends and this is one way to make sure you set aside time.


5.       Write an email to a friend to catch up


6.       Schedule your doctors and dentist appointments during this time.


7.       Work on a craft, photo book, etc


8.       Work on thank you notes, sending out birthday cards, holiday cards, etc


9.       Network – use this time to go to lunch or coffee with past co-workers, a mentor or a current co-worker.  This keeps your professional network active which is always important


10.   Write out your menu for the next week or search for a new recipe.  As you build your menu create your grocery list with it.
Cheers to being more productive!


Pin for later:



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today I wanted to quit

Parenting is hard.  I mean really hard, and today I wanted to quit.
Our 4-year-old is having nightmares at night.  Truth is, we don’t know what is actually happening.  He is not asleep yet and he is crying he had a nightmare.  I struggle with being supportive but I also know that he is trying to get me to lay down with him.  It’s hard when you are exhausted and you haven’t even had a chance to sit down yet.  You say to yourself, I just want a minute alone.
But it’s not just our 4-year-old.  Our 10-month -old has completely regressed in sleeping as well.  She has been sleeping through the night for months and now just this last month or so she has stopped. She wakes up and we can’t get her back down.  So my husband and I did what every parenting book told us not to do, we brought her into our bed.  We knew this was not the solution, but we were tired.  We are parents and we are tired.  Now she sleeps a couple hours in her crib, wakes up crying and won’t sleep alone. It’s horrible, it’s t…

Happy Nail Polish Day! - June 1

Who knew this day existed?!?!  I sure didn't and apparently this is the first year.  Essie started it, doesn't matter, I am happy to celebrate with them.

I love nail polish.  I love the variety of colors and the way it completes an outfit.  I love the confidence it gives me of a polished, put together look. I never used to wear it as much as I do now. What changed was an amazing product that my Mom found as well as a cool new trick I discovered.    Now I do my nails in my sleep.  Literally!

It's not rocket science but if you stop and think about it, it's actually a genius idea.  My nails dry in my sleep.  I get ready for bed, grab my magazine or book and the polish and top coat I want to use.  I read a while ago you only need about 10 minutes between coats. It is actually true.  Years ago I always thought it was longer so doing my nails literally took over an hour if not more.  Who has that amount of time?  Not me!  Now I do a coat, read my magazine for 10-15 minutes…

What I hope to be a cheap and easy window seat

I love my house.
I love the layout, I love the view from the back yard and I love the improvements we have made. But…… I want to continue to improve the house and upgrade it from a standard builder grade track house to a custom home.   But I still haven’t found the money tree that will supply me with endless funds to afford my visions.  

We are currently in the middle of a bathroom renovation it's hard to get my husband excited about the next project when our current one isn’t complete.   We have done many easy upgrades to the house ourselves throughout the past 5 years and have contracted out the larger projects.   Sometimes I need to stop and remember all the things we have done and how far we have come with this house.  We have turned our overgrown, missing light bulbs and broken toilet house into a home.

Some of the simple things we have done are switching out the door knobs and all light fixtures from brass to brushed nickel.  We have changed all the toilets, the outlets and li…